It seems that at the moment people think the biggest Brexit-looser will be London and its real estate market (link bloomberg).
Almost 3 billion pounds has been wiped from the market value of the FTSE 350 Real Estate Investment Trust Index since trading started Monday. Land Securities Group Plc, the U.K.’s largest REIT, tumbled 9.1 percent over the period.
Competitors now prepare to take away jobs (and the required living space) from the City (link)
Of course there are uncertainties and other factors (currency risks) but maybe this is an interesting entering Point? The Problem is, I don’t know much about the UK-Real Estate market or UK-REITs. If you have some favorit UK-REIT or something like that, please let me know!
- Some very helpful information about UK-REITs from BPF.org.uk (link) incl. a LIST OF UK-REITs
- Another “List” from iShares (link) Distribution Yield as of 05/Jul/2016 3.07%
- Good Site to get a first impression (incl. dividend yield) about UK-Companys/REITs at Hargreaves Lansdown (link)
- Helpful information about UK-REITs from LSE (link)
At least 75% of the group’s profits must derive from that property rental business and at least 75% of the group’s gross assets must comprise assets or cash involved in the property rental business.
- Article on telegraph.co.uk about Hammerson (link)
- (Note maybe confirmation bias form myself) Adventuresincapitalism Blog about Brexit/London (link)
…Look at all of the Caribbean islands that have tried to become a finance hub for North America. Capital will always go where there’s liquidity and it’s treated best. With low taxes and the same common first language of all international trade, London will remain the finance hub of Europe…
Investors Page (link)
Financial Review (link)
EPS 2016: 45.7p
And that is interesting: adjusted Diluted Nav Pence per share: 1,434 p
Appropriate discount rate +5% ? see Debt and Coupons (link)
AEW UK REIT plc
Key financials (link)
Derwent London plc
Derwent London plc is the largest central London focused REIT … Our investment portfolio now totals 6.2 million sq ft and is worth £5.0 billion
Schroder Real Estate Investment Trust Ltd (SREI)
Yield 5,51 %
Barratt Developments plc
2015 annual report (link)
(2Q16 Presentation) Page 8 negative CashFlow!?
Price today: 333.30 GBp
EPS 2015: 45.5 GBp
Dividend per Share 15.1 GBp
TW Dividend Information (link)